Monday, April 6, 2009

les gorges du verdon





Today, j’ai passé un tres bon dimanche! Comme habitude ☺ I went on another Georges trip, this guy who does tours around Provence and has a very thick southern accent. He took us to Les Gorges du Verdon, the biggest canyon in Europe! It was beautiful, and reminded me a lot of Norway. The lake in front of the gorge is artificial, but that is because they created a dam to control the water flow. We relaxed there and soaked up some sun, and then we went to a little village called Moustiers-Sainte-Marie. It was such a beautiful town, and at the top of the top there was a beautiful church. We went exploring for a little while, and then it started pouring raining! Me and my friend Hannah got some ice cream and coffee in a little restaurant looking out into the village before heading back to Aix. I am loving the warmer weather, plus it doesn’t get dark until 8pm now! I posted a picture of Aix - the town where I live. It is a picture of the Cours Mirabeau, the main road in my town. tres jolie...

No comments:

Post a Comment